Drop The Dumbells present…….
A celebration of album artwork through a cracked lens.
Drop the Dumbells gallery, 34, Slater St, Liverpool, is celebrating the 12” artform on 6th December 2012.
In November we will be distributing 100 blank record sleeves around Liverpool and beyond.
50 of these will be given to artists connected to or known by the gallery.
50 more will be available at Mello Mello café and Probe Records for collection by the general public.
• Artists/non-artists are encouraged to re-interpret their favourite album artwork in any way they wish, using any media they wish: Paint, pencils, photography, 3D materials, manipulated digital images, etc, etc.
• It can be an iconic album cover or obscure, but it must be a published work.
• The pieces should be submitted to the gallery by the weekend of 1st December 2012 at the very latest. Either at the gallery or at Mello Mello café/Probe records.
• All artwork received will be exhibited.
• The exhibition will run for approx two weeks from the opening night of 6th December 2012.
• There will be 4 or 5 nights of live music during the exhibition, while every care will be taken to protect the artwork, it is exhibited at risk of damage/theft.
• Unless specifically requested, all artworks will be sold by “running auction” during the exhibition. That is, buyers will leave their best offer with the gallery, and the artwork will be sold at the end of the exhibition. Any monies raised will be split equally between the artists and the gallery.
• Any artwork not sold must be collected from the gallery within two weeks.
Like the Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/DropTheDumbells